February 25, 2009

Black Thumb

For Valentine's Day Shaun was such a sweetheart and brought me home these beautiful tulips. He got me a live plant because we didn't bring up a vase, even though he knew that it was a bad idea to get me a living plant. Well, sadly they didn't even last a week. I watered them and gave them sunlight, but alas they are dead and gone. I have never been able to keep a plant alive for very long. I really hope that someday we don't have to survive on our own garden because we will die. If that day ever comes, I am living with one of you.
Here is the sad picture of my dead flowers, they were really pretty for a few days.

Here is one of Janalee with piggy-tails. Isn't she cute!! She was eating lunch when I took this picture so excuse the peanut butter and jelly all over her face. hehe

3 comments:

Marie Says Yes said...

that plant makes me laugh. i don't know what we'll do if you have to live with me, i am also a black thumb! and i love the pigtails on little girls. it reminds me of fraggle rock.

Bryan, Stacie, Claire, Mia and Buddy said...

I knew there was a good reason we are friends...LOL. I can't keep anything alive either. I figure its a good thing my in-laws love to garden.

The Woods said...

I'm with you! I'm NO good at keeping plants alive, but my mother-in-law is always giving them to me.

Janalee is adorable! I bet she really needs a little sister, though... :)